Cinnamon Rolls!!

Cinnamon Rolls!!
Can You Say Yummy!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Loving This Weather

Ok, so it must be about 70 degrees outside today.  Gotta say, loving this March weather.  I will take this over snow any day of the week!

So my parents invited us over for dinner for my dad's homemade pizza, which is always yummy as long as he manages not to drop it on the floor. (Long story...let's just say, many a pizza has made its way to the floor, cheese side down of course, over the years.)  I decided, being the ambitious person that I am today for some reason, to surprise dad and bring dessert, my Grandma Burden's recipe for pineapple tea ring.  First of all, let me say that I have all sorts of new found respect for my Grandma for making this back in the day.  Talk about labor intensive!!  I even used the bread machine to prep the dough, and it is still taking forever, with lots of different steps throughout.  No wonder Grandma always wanted to make pie or cookies instead!  I believe I have made this recipe exactly once in my lifetime, and the results were less than impressive, but it is my dad's favorite so trying it again.  If it works out (everything on its second rise right now) I will post pics and the recipe.  If not...well, may have to make an emergency run to the store for something else to whip together quickly.  But the basics of it are as follows:  yeast sweet dough, filled with a sweet filling of crushed pineapple, sugar and raisins, and butter, sprinkled with brown sugar/cinnamon, let it rise again, then bake it off.  Once done, top with a powdered sugar glaze, sprinke with nuts and garnish with cherries.  Again, did I mention it takes like all afternoon to make???  Hopefully it will work out...probably won't be anywhere near as good as Grandma's, but as long as it's close, I think we will all be happy.  So stay tuned....hopefully pics and recipe soon to follow :)


Whoo hoo...it worked!!! And since the recipe made two, I have already taste-tested and it rocks! Recipe to follow after I get my dad's opinion on it after dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment